Saturday, July 12, 2014

Onyx by Jennifer L. Armentrout

Hey booklovers! 
 Warning! This book is the second book in the Lux Series. If you haven't read the first one yet, I ask you to read that and then come back! 
I really enjoyed this book. I gave it a 5 on 5 stars! It's genre is I think YA E.T Contemporary Romance. I really don't care what it is because it was really good! 

Being connected to Daemon Black sucks…

Thanks to his alien mojo, Daemon’s determined to prove what he feels for me is more than a product of our bizarro connection. So I’ve sworn him off, even though he’s running more hot than cold these days. But we’ve got bigger problems.

Something worse than the Arum has come to town…

The Department of Defense are here. If they ever find out what Daemon can do and that we're linked, I’m a goner. So is he. And there's this new boy in school who’s got a secret of his own. He knows what’s happened to me and he can help, but to do so, I have to lie to Daemon and stay away from him. Like that's possible. Against all common sense, I'm falling for Daemon. Hard.

But then everything changes…

I’ve seen someone who shouldn’t be alive. And I have to tell Daemon, even though I know he’s never going to stop searching until he gets the truth. What happened to his brother? Who betrayed him? And what does the DOD want from them—from me?

No one is who they seem. And not everyone will survive the lies…

Ok. So this book was awesome, needless to say. The book picked up where we left off. It was definitely a toe-curling book! Daemon, swoon-worthy as ever, showed us some more of his less-jerky side. He was a kick-ass character and is now definitely in my boyfriend list. 
  Katy was an amazing character as well. (You know I keep saying amazing. Well, whatever). She just had this awesome thing going on where she wouldn't allow Daemon to make her decisions for her, and I totally agree. She was much more independent and I really liked that about her. Generally, in books, the male wants to protect the female. Here, both of them wanna protect each other, which is great. I also REALLY liked Kat's Krazy Obsession a lot! It was so relatable, that blog. In fact, I found it really cool that it actually exists. Like, this one with a post. It's really cool. You should check it out. 
 
Overall, in the book I really liked that you didn't know who to trust and who not to. A lot of outcomes were a surprise even if I had a hunch. This book certainly kept me hooked till the very end and I'm glad I'm reading this series now, when opal is already released. 

No comments:

Post a Comment